At its regular session held Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 4: 30 p.m. the Greene County Board of Education selected school leaders for two local schools. Probationary contracts were awarded to Mrs. Barbara Martin as Principal of Carver Middle School and to Mrs. Sharon Jennings as Principal at Eutaw Primary School, effective July 1, 2012.
In his financial report, CFO Shane Martin advised the Board that the cash and cash equivalency on hand totaled $13.5 million with $9.3 million earmarked for new school construction. The school system’s total income for the month was $1 million and total expenditures were $1.1 million, leaving a net decrease of $100,000.
Local taxes collected for the month amounted to $141,000 with $35,454.19 coming from bingo revenues. The bingo revenue breakdown is as follows: Greenetrack, $13,491.29; Green Charity $11,837.90; Dream, Inc. (Frontier) $7,695 and Young Peoples Alliance (Lucky Star), $2,430.
The CFO reported that the General Fund fund balance is $4.3 million and the overall fund balance for the year is $16.4 million.
Approximately $77,000 was spent for new school construction costs and $42,000 was spent for summer school. The school system will be reimbursed by the Federal Government for summer school.
Martin stated in his report that the system is in the process of buying a new bus which will be paid for with State Fleet Renewal Funds. Board member Lester Brown asked how many were purchased last year? Martin stated a total of two buses were purchased last year through state funding. Due to the lack of funding, buses will be purchased on an as needed base.
The Board approved the following items on the Superintendent’s recommendation:
- Travel for Sandra Gordon to New Orleans, LA to attend the READ 180 Conference on July 23-26, 2012.
- Payment of invoice to Mr. Christopher ‘Chip” Beeker for removal of structure from the old Eutaw stockyard building on U.S. Hwy. 11 South.
- Policies: Section IV- General Administration; Section V- Personnel; Section VI- Students; Section VII- Instructional Program.
- Contract between Greene County Board of Education and Mrs. Bobbie Carpenter for Child Nutrition Services.
- Lowest bid submitted by Borden Dairy Company as milk supplier for CNP – FY 2012-2013.
- Lowest bid submitted by Merita as bread supplier of CNP-FY 2012-2013.
- Financial Statement submitted by Mr. Shane Martin, CFO. (For information purposes only).
- Payment of all bills, claims and payroll.
Personnel items recommended by Superintendent and approved by the Board:
- Resignation of Mrs. Dorothy Bruno as Secretary, at Greene County High School effective July 27, 2012.
- Resignation of Mr. Jimmie L. Samuel, Jr, as Custodian, at Paramount Jr. High School effective July 31, 2012
- Probationary/Contract for Mrs. Barbara Martin as Principal at Carver Middle School, effective July 1, 2012
- Probationary Contract for Ms. Sharon Jennings as Principal at Eutaw Primary School, effective July 1, 2012.
- Recall of Mrs. Schqueira Wright as Teacher Assistant for Pre-K Program at Eutaw Primary School.
- Adjustment to Superintendent’s expense allowance.
In her report, Dr. Louie thanked the community for coming out and participating in the ground breaking ceremony for the new high school held Tuesday, July 17, 2012. She reminded everyone to come to the Back to School Rally that will be held Saturday, July 28, 2012 at the Greene County High School from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Superintendent Louie also stated that students from Eutaw Primary, Carver Middle School and Paramount Jr. High can pick up their schedules Monday and Tuesday, July 23 and 24. Greene County High School students can pick up their schedules the following week
Weather for Eutaw, Ala. Tuesday Wednesday ThursdayPartly Cloudy90/70Chance of a Thunderstorm84/68Chance of a Thunderstorm88/66
- May 2013 (26)
- April 2013 (32)
- March 2013 (37)
- February 2013 (31)
- January 2013 (43)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (40)
- October 2012 (42)
- September 2012 (35)
- August 2012 (50)
- July 2012 (41)
- June 2012 (37)
- May 2012 (43)
- April 2012 (38)
- March 2012 (35)
- February 2012 (43)
- January 2012 (36)
- December 2011 (45)
- November 2011 (43)
- October 2011 (36)
- September 2011 (45)
- August 2011 (29)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (18)
- May 2011 (15)
- April 2011 (14)
- March 2011 (18)
- February 2011 (14)
- January 2011 (15)
- December 2010 (16)
- November 2010 (13)
- October 2010 (13)
- September 2010 (15)
- August 2010 (10)
TagsAlabama New South Coalition ANSC Bingo disbursement Black Farmer Lawsuit CEO Luther"Nat" Winn CFO Paula Bird Congresswoman Terri A. Sewell Dr. Martin Luther King Eutaw City Council Eutaw Mayor Raymond Steele Federal Emergency Management Agency ( FEMA) Federation of Southern Cooperatives /Land Assistance Fund Fund First Lady Michelle Obama George Zimmerman Greene Co. Sheriff Joe Benison Greene County Board of Education Greene County Commission Greene County Commissioner Greene County High School Greene County School System Greene County Sheriff Jonathan Benison Greene County Superintendent Dr. Emma Louie Greenetrack Greenetrack Bingo Inc John Zippert Jr. Lester Brown Mayor Hattie Edwards Mayor Pro-Tem Hattie Edwards Mayor Raymond Steele Mitt Romney NAACP Nick Underwood President Barack Obama President Obama Rev. Al Sharpton SCLC Senator Hank Sanders Superintendent Emma Louie Superintendent Isaac Atkins Supreme Court The Black Belt Community Foundation BBCF Grants Trayvon Martin Vice President Joe Biden